High School Competition
2014 Western Kentucky Film Festival High School Screening & Awards Ceremony
Wednesday, May 7, 2014
10:30am, Mass Media & Technology Hall, Atrium (Entrance)
Guided tours of the Western Kentucky University campus, including all film and broadcasting classrooms, facilities and equipment. Open to all interested students, teachers and parents. Please RSVP to make arrangements.
12:30pm - 1:30pm, Mass Media & Technology Hall, Auditorium
Awards Ceremony, highlighting the top entries in all ten high school competition categories.
High School Submission Guidelines
Please read the guidelines carefully before submitting your films. Entries that are incomplete or improperly submitted will be disqualified.
- Each entry must include its own, individual entry form
- Incomplete entry forms will not be considered
- There is no entry fee for high school submissions
- Entries must be received by the listed deadline to be eligible for screening or awards
- All preview copies must be submitted on DVD, DVCAM or MiniDV, or uploaded to our server
- All entry media (tapes & DVDs) must be clearly labeled with the following: contact name, title, category, running time
- Entries may be electronically uploaded to the WKU server, and must arrive by 12:00 midnight on the night of the deadline.
- If you'd like to upload your entries, rather than mail them, complete and submit the online submission form, instead of the standard form. Forms can be emailed to the festival director, or to the address at the bottom of this page. Upload instructions will be sent when the forms have arrived. If you do not receive upload instructions within 24 hours of submitting, please contact the festival director for troubleshooting.
- Upload formats are at the discretion of the filmmaker, but (H.264-encoded) MP4 files are suggested.
- Click here for a brief description of the high school submission and award categories
- Hard-copy (standard) submission forms and media must be mailed, together, to the following address:
Western Kentucky Film Festival
ATTN: Ron DeMarse
Western Kentucky University
1906 College Heights Blvd #11070
Bowling Green, KY 42101