All Filmmakers Welcome
The Western Film Festival is open to all filmmakers and video producers - student, independent and professional. Please read the guidelines carefully before submitting your films. Entries that are incomplete or improperly submitted will be disqualified.
- Each entry must include its own, individual entry form
- Incomplete entry forms will not be considered
- There is no entry fee for submissions
- Entries must be received by the stated deadlines to be eligible for screening or awards
- All preview copies must be submitted on DVD, DVCAM or MiniDV
- Entries may be electronically uploaded to the WKU server, and must arrive by 12:00 midnight on the night of the deadline.
- If you'd like to upload your entries, rather than mail them, complete and submit the online submission form, rather than the standard form. Forms can be emailed to the festival director, or to the address at the bottom of this page. Upload instructions will be sent when the forms have arrived. Please allow at least 24 hours for upload instructions and file transfers.
- Upload formats are at the discretion of the filmmaker, but (H.264-encoded) MP4 files are suggested.
- All entry media (tapes & DVDs) must be clearly labeled with the following: contact name, title, category, running time
- Submission forms and media must be mailed, together, to the following address:
Western Film Festival
ATTN: Ron DeMarse
Western Kentucky University
1906 College Heights Blvd #11070
Bowling Green, KY 42101
College / Independent
April 12, 2013
April 12, 2013
April 19, 2013
For high school guidelines and submission forms, please visit our High School Competition page